What is SEO?(Search Engine Optimization):The process of getting traffic from the free,organic, “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines is SEO or search engine optimization. Major search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing to name a few have primary results, where web pages and content such as videos or local listings are shown.
Moreover SEO is the practice of improving and promoting a website so to increase the number of visitors the site receives from search engines. There are many aspects to SEO which may range from the words on your page to the way other sites link to you on the web. At times SEO is simply a matter of making sure your site is structured in a way that search engines understand.
Why SEO jobs as a career?
There are many reasons why SEO jobs are increasing day by day.
The following are the various reasons why people are choosing SEO as a career:
- High demand for SEO services : There was a time when SEO had no separate identity as a profession, thanks to webmasters who performed some basic SEO for the sites they worked on and that was the end of it. Due to the passage of time the sites grew and made more and more money. As a result it became reasonable to hire separate SEO experts than to have the webmaster do it. Today the demand for separate SEO is high and is constantly rising day by day.
- SEO as a successful career : There are many proofs that SEO is an excellent career.
- Search Engine Optimizers make good money: It is worth mentioning here that the compensation for SEO employees is equal to even more than those of developers, marketers and designers.
- Plenty to learn: If somebody comes from a technical or designing background do not think that you are downgrading yourself because as an SEO there is lots and lots to learn.
- SEO already recognized as a career: There are many exams and courses which shows and proves that SEO is an upcoming career.
Some negative aspects of SEO
- Its dependence on search engines: Search engine frequently change their algorithms due to which there is a drop in the points of the site which one needs to communicate to the client. This is one of the ugly aspects of the SEO jobs.
- No fixed rules: As there are no fixed written rules it can be truly said that one may work hard and not get the required success.
- SEO requires patience: Over here both the SEO and the customer needs to understand that SEO takes constant effort and time.
- Black Hat SEO: This is one of the drawbacks especially for the upcoming SEO. Although search engines do penalize the Black hat SEO but Still they are major concerns.
These are the major pros and cons of the SEO jobs. If one carefully analyse and follow the above mentioned points it would be very helpful in selecting SEO jobs as a career.